This page describes Information Technology Services as an organization. For IT @ UT or a list of IT Services, please visit it.utexas.edu.
The Office of the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology Services is part of the Financial and Administrative Services (FAS) portfolio and is responsible for the provision of the core information technology infrastructure and coordination of campus-wide information technology at The University of Texas at Austin. The AVP’s office works with the Information Technology Leadership Council and collaborates with IT service units across campus in support of our core mission to be more effective, efficient, and achieve operational excellence. Led by Trice Humpert, the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology Services:
- Has executive responsibility for the Information Technology Services (ITS) department.
- Shares executive responsibility for the Office of Telecommunication Services (OTS) with UT System.
- Partners with the Information Security Office (ISO) to assure the security of the university's information technology resources and the existence of a safe computing environment in which the university community can teach, learn, and conduct research.
- Works closely with the Provost, faculty, and university leadership regarding implementation of IT initiatives.
- 擅自"翻墙"上境外网站,责伌停止联网并警告__中国青年网:2021-3-28 · 昨日,市政府公众信息网发布了修订后的《重庆市公安机关网络监管行政处罚裁量基准》。自2021年7月27日起施行,有效期至2021年7月26日。对故意输入 ...
The goal of Information Technology Services (ITS) is to provide an innovative, customer-focused, and robust foundation for information technology (IT) solutions that enable the university community to pursue excellence in research, education, and public service. ITS seeks to establish trust with customers through professionalism, honest and open dialogue, high quality customer service, and a commitment to partnership and collaboration.
ITS welcomes comments and feedback. In response to thoughtful analysis, criticisms, and contributions from customers, ITS has been streamlining management structures, making maximum use of existing resources, and harmonizing services and processes in order to foster service excellence.
向日葵Windows控制端3.1：新增最近访问记录，远程控制千 ...:2021-10-12 · 齐鲁晚报10月12日讯：我伊在用办公软件时，为了方便常会用到“最近访问文件”来查找资料或编辑文档，那你可否知道远程办公时，也可伍通过“最近访问记录”直接进入远端电脑办公？ 近日，国内领先的互联网应用者Oray发布了向日葵远程控制软件新版本Windows控制端3.1，新增了最近访问记录模块 ...
- Deliver High Quality Services: Provide high quality, Common Good services that address the needs of campus customers.
- Foster Customer Partnerships: Partner with local IT units to share responsibility and accountability for reliable, customer-focused services.
- Establish Understanding, Trust, and Accountability: Clarify and understand customer expectations, establish and meet timeframes, and provide a consistent and responsive approach to customer requests and feedback as prioritized by the IT governance structure.
- Make Data Driven, Innovative, Customer Focused Decisions: Continuously evaluate and improve the efficiency of service support, response, and decision-making within the organization.
- Facilitate Collaboration, Cooperation, and Communication: Collaborate among ITS and various customer constituencies, encourage cooperation with customers, partners, and colleagues within ITS, and facilitate two-way communications with faculty, students, and staff.
ITS consists of the following groups:
The ITS Campus Solutions team implements, supports, and enhances the central IT systems infrastructure and many enterprise services for the university. These enterprise services include the application development environment, support for the university web presences, identity and access management, email and messaging, course management systems, collaboration tools, among others. The team installs, tests, supports, and administers enterprise infrastructure including operating system management, mainframe, database software, and application environment software. Campus Solutions established an Emerging Technologies and Architecture team that will support cloud infrastructure and services in an effort to catalyze innovation across campus. Campus Solutions provides consultation, technical expertise, and contract services for departments that need to supplement their infrastructure support, application development, and support capabilities.
The Customer Support Services group provides the university with a centralized point of contact for help with a variety of topics, including questions concerning information technology, business processes, services, and applications. This group also issues identification cards and provides administrative, human resources, and financial services for the ITS portfolio.
The Networking and Telecommunications group provides a number of services upon which UTnet, the university network, and its users depend. This includes both the wired and wireless network, Internet, and Internet2 access via UTnet, the campus computer backbone network. This group is also responsible for a wide variety of core campus IT services, including the cabling infrastructure underlying data services on campus, telecommunications, engineering, construction, and building security control.
The University Data Center (UDC) team operates and manages the university's state-of-the-art data center and backup facilities, ensuring critical servers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Services for departments placing servers in the data center include co-location and value-added services, such as server monitoring, installation and move planning, and inventory support. This group also manages facilities for the university's network operations centers.